Friday, July 30, 2010

Journey

Journey

Life is a long journey.
The time you enjoy along the way
is not wasted time.
Each day you spend in love is worthwhile.
Everyone teaches, everyone learns.
Life is a great circle.
There is a time to spend staying at home.
There is a time to move on.
Time to spend idle.
Time to love.
Time to be busy at work.
Time to return home again.

Each person is an endless series of moments passing by.
You can give each moment its own reason.
Make sure the moments that are you
lend kindness to others
and always give you good things to do.
Love life and others as best you can.
Let fame and fortune come and go as they may.
But forever dream to strive.
Always strive to dream.

Forgive others their mistakes the best you can.
Realize you make a few mistakes too.
Try to be as balanced as you can
and when you get off balance
remember, everyone falls down every once in awhile.
When you are fearful
remember things are never as bad
as you imagine them to be.

Everyone lives life the best they can.
Everyones journey takes twist and turns.
If my life draws memories to leave behind
that are uncommonly true
and spread a little happiness to others
I'll have lived my life
as I wanted to.
 
Dewey Dirks-----copyright 2010

1 comment:

  1. I love your Journey poem... And your writings as well, I hope to build my confidence as a writer, and one day write children's self help stories and complete it with my music,and art works....

    ReplyDelete