Friday, September 20, 2013

Trumpets

Trumpets

While I was writing this morning
just before sunrise,
I stopped for a minute
to let my cat, Sam, in the front door.
As I opened the door,
a soft breeze beckoned me
to step outside.

The tree and grass in the yard
reflected the morning air
in deep shades of life giving green.
I looked up and the horizon shown
luminescent pale orange and white
as a high, pre-dawn mist
filled the eastern sky.

As the sun edged towards the skyline
two beautiful, vibrant blue sun rays
pierced the pale white sky
as if they were two trumpets
heralding a sunrise song
for the coming day .

Now, I don't know what
good fortune or troubles
the coming day might bring,
but right then nature filled me
with an intimate, unbounded joy.

I think life is often like that---
If you stop each day
for a moment or two
in your busy, busy life
and notice the wonder
that surrounds us all,
you'll find it easier
to remain at peace
despite whatever mayhem
might happen into your day
because you'll remember
you are one tiny piece
of a truly extraordinary
living miracle.

Like a favored child,
if you let her,
Earth will enclothe you, armor you,
and adorn you with a coat of beauty
to reflect your soul
and shine its way
through practically anything.

Dewey Dirks

No comments:

Post a Comment