Friday, September 25, 2015

Good Company

Good Company

The universe we living in
Is not so much a thing
As it is a process---
An action in continuous motion

It is also not so much a thing
As it is a vast colony
Made of many trillions
Of symbiont creatures and things

And you are a reflection
Of that universe---
Not a thing,
But process in motion,
A symbiont colony made
Of a great many other things

When I first learned this
I thought, 'So what?
What difference does that make?'
But when I began to behave
Like I understood
That I was connected
To everything around me
And everything was connected to me
Things changed
I realized that I welcomed
The world and everything in it
And I began to see it welcomed me
Where before I was all alone
Now I am forever more
With good company


Dewey Dirks

No comments:

Post a Comment