Monday, October 26, 2015

Thank Life

Thank Life

This life we each breathe...
So much to see
feel and experience
in everyday life
that can be called
nothing besides miraculous
very small, large and in between

A wise man once said
there are only two ways
to look at life---
as though nothing
is a miracle
or as though
everything is a miracle

I've tried both,
and have to say
I seem to notice more of life
when I look for miracles

They say
if you are living your life
as you should,
you'll be swimming
in a sea of coincidence

From where do they all come?
Some say God puts them there
Some say we ourselves
put them there
simply by noticing....

So, I stand on brown earth
and green grass,
look up at stars each night
or the bright sun
and white clouds
of a winters day
and thank life....
that is my way

Dewey Dirks

No comments:

Post a Comment